The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 162 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,441
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
I live near Waco TX and have a 1970 Chevy C-20 stepside that I want restored but will never have the time. If you know of a place to take it and have it done, please let me know.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
What are you expecting to pay. There are at least 3 places within 25 miles of Fredericksburg, but they are very expensive.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 275
I think you will find what you need right here in Cleburne. Cox Custom Cars & Restorations Check us out:

Cox Custom Cars & Restorations

Frank Cox
Cox Custom Cars
Cleburne,TX


No better smell than that of fresh paint. I've been building and painting cars/trucks for 47 years. Not gonna stop now.
http://www.coxcustomcars.com/



Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
Link didn't work for me. I Got Craigslist?


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
I got craigslist too ! He has some pictures on his myspace link .


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks for the input so far. Not sure how much I am going to spend but mostly just looking to have the body and inside brought back to as close to new as possible. The truck only has 43k on it.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
I hope you dont end up with 43k IN it!


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
For 43k, I can learn to like it as it is

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
Advice from a 45 year restoration shop owner: DON'T take it to a production body shop. We have at least one and right now two that were at a body shop for one to two years, soaked up money and gathered dust. If you hit a regular body shop when they're having a slow spell they will take an old car in but as soon as insurance (read lots of quick money) jobs become available the old car gets shoved aside. When you find a shop insist on at least a two year list of previous customers you can contact to gain they're opinions of the work and pricing. ABSOLUTELY, repeat ABSOLUTELY DO NOT deal with anyone that wants money up front. Remember they will have your truck while you just have words from their mouth. Many say "Give me X dollars and when that's used up I'll ask for more". If they don't have enough confidence in their work to believe you will pay when it's done then RUN. We did a 40 Ford Deluxe coupe for a super nice man that grew up in Waco and was a stand out football player both in high school and college there. I think it won every show he entered it in. I will give you our name if you're interested but must tell you we have a two year waiting list.


Evan
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
A
New Guy
New Guy
A Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks for the input coilover!


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0