The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Wally / Montana, Hotrod Lincoln, Gray_Ghost, John L., 1 invisible), 75 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,569
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621568 02/19/2010 8:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
what is the best/most economical vendor for rebuild parts? great website, thanks for all replies.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Usually in a complete rebuild, the block etc. gets tanked and everything gets measured. After a rebore, the size of the pistons are known. Same goes for the crankshaft. The only one that I have read about showing kits is Kanter Auto. I don't know if I would go for a kit. The only reason would be price.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 11
Have you tried northern auto parts I think they have 235 kits for about $500 or so headscratch.

Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 8,351
Check with your local parts store, or see who the machine shop uses for their parts. I got all of my rebuild parts, with the exeption of the cam, lifters, and a few other parts from Patrick's, from the flaps. All Federal-Mogul, only had about $1000 total, including machining.


Bill Burmeister

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0