The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#621525 02/19/2010 7:10 PM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 232
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 232
I know I asked this before but I lost everything in a computer glitch.I'm having my cab and doors painted. The interior will be cream the exterior will be green. Where do you make the color break on the door and cab. Pics would help if anybody has some. Thanks----------wes 54 1/2 ton 5 window

neswes #622111 02/21/2010 2:27 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 502
I make the color change behind the weatherstrip, that way any not so good looking edge between colors is hidden once the strip is installed.
Dan


Remember your freedom - US Veterans provided it.
101st Screaming Eagles
glasman #622178 02/21/2010 6:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
O
'Bolter
'Bolter
O Offline
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 425
Agreed, behind weatherstrip for sure.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

As stated above, it's beneath the weatherstrip - the "break point" is where the outer sheet of metal (the outer door skin) ends (same as the break point in the door opening).

I took a few photos today, Wes, and will mail you link_s to them.



Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0