| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Jon G),
136
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,124 Posts1,056,334 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 98 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 98 | I was looking at tcp global's site. Has anyone used their Restoration Shop urethanes. It's much cheaper than PPG, and i was looking for people's opinions. Thanks | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 93 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 93 | watsjoe: I have been using their single stage urethane for two solid colors (white and blue) to do a two tone on my 1966 Gmc. I am very pleased with their paint. Please keep in mind I am a noobie on body and paint, however.
Being a noobie, I was very hesitant to spend the big dollars that it would take to use PPG or another name brand. So far, no regrets on the TCP.
Regards, Steve New Orleans | | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 544 | I'd be very interested in the quality and durability as well. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2005 Posts: 1,028 | I am also interested in this this paint. Can anyone tell me the advantages of this over the single stage enamel?
Rich
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 203 | Also looking for the same thing if anyone out there has more comments...
Dave
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 70 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2009 Posts: 70 | i've used the urethane on two vehicles (I am a hobbyist). I thought it laid down better than dupont centari (the only other auto paint I have ever used) and I have read that it is simply relabelled PPG Omni (I have no way to confirm that - I've just seen it posted in other forums).
One note of caution - I was very disappointed with their "factory match" color for a vw i was spraying. I would not recommend buying this paint for a factory correct style project where you want the color to be very accurate.
urethane paints are more like plastic than acrylic enamal. They are marketed as being more durable (UV resistance, chemical resistance and abrasion resistance). I think it's true, but only because I tend to believe manufacturer's claims and they all claim this. | | |
| |
| |