| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 5 | Can somebody please help me? I have searched everywhere on the frame of my 66 K-20 and I can't locate the VIN number which is supposed to be stamped on it someplace. Does anybody have a clue where Chevy hid it ?? | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | there are 2 places. 1 is supposed to be in the vicinity of the str box on top of the frame and the other is further back on the frame top but closer to the rear of the cab(whick you will have to remove the cab to see ron | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 5 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 5 | Thanks, appreciate the info. I know it isn't by the steering box, so I guess I shall have to wait until someday if I ever do a restoration and replace the trashed cab. Which may be sooner than I want as rough as the roads are here and tear everything up from flexing. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | it should be in the vicinity of the strg box. I haven't found mine there yet either and another part of it is under the cab. therer are 2 parts to it. ron | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | On the '60-'66 Chevy light-duty trucks, the only location you will find the VIN is on the top of the driver side frame rail, adjacent to the exhaust manifold, near the engine perch. It will only be the last seven alpha-numeric characters of the VIN. It will begin with a letter, which signifies the production plant.
The GMC trucks of the same years did not have the VIN or any portion of it, stamped on the frame. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 788 | that may be why I cannot find a serial nbr on my frame in that it is a gmc -can. there is a section of the ser # under the cab ron | | |
| |
| |