| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,133 Posts1,056,395 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 4 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 4 | I bough a seat from a junk yard in OK, which found me when I posted on UsedPartsCentral.com. The seat came and will need to be reupholstered as expected. While the bolt holes look like they'll fit just right, the seat construction is completely different and looks like I'll be riding almost 4 inches lower. Should I be concerned about this?
Thanks for the replies. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 549 | I wouldn't be worried. If necessary, you can adjust the seat height by "blocking it" using square tube or similar. You can even cut down 2" X 4"'s and use long bolts if you're short on cash. 
Last edited by Avette4me; 12/31/2009 2:41 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 4 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2009 Posts: 4 | I thought about blocking it, that would work. I was just surprised about overall condition and difference. My old seat, besides three broken springs, has no rust and looks really good, now that all the upholstery is off. The seat sent to me apparently spent some time on the ground, the edges are really rusty and sharp. Sharp enough to tear through any new fabric. I paid 200 for it and for that I think I shouldn't have to do so much grinding and welding. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 22 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 22 | Sounds like it wasn't a very good deal. Will they take it back ? If not are the springs the same. Id replace the three broken springs from there seat if they wont take it back and go from there. That way you don't have to block up seat. Tom | | |
| |
| |