The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Danielbolt, Steelonsteel), 82 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,492
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
Howdy, I've got a 54 i/2 ton with a hacked up frame and I'm looking to do a swap. I found a 52 frame for a good deal. Only thing is it from a 52 1/2 ton GMC sububan. Can anyone give me a hint?? Thanks

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
The frames are totally different. The change occurred in the 1954 bed. Use the search feature, lot's of info on this subject.


old topic


I have seen some 54 frames on craigslist in your area, pm me. (just checked..none available)

Place an ad in the swap meet section!

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 334
deant54,
Look for a 54 Chevy 1/2 ton frame, they are out there. Several years ago I needed one for my 54 3100 (mine was very badly rusted), and found one from a Bolter here. The frame was in Oklahoma, the price was good, and I found someone that would bring it to northern Florida very reasonably, where I was able to pick it up. You'll have a lot less problems and it will be an easy swap, since the 54 1/2 ton frames are different from the earlier AD 1/2 ton frames.
Samantha


1954 Chevy 3100
Picked from the Field
Follow in the DITY
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks Samantha, I posted on parts wanted today so we''ll see how that goes. so is there a differance in the rails? Cutting and fabbing is no biggie, my rails are just shot.

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
The biggest difference is in the kickup over the rear axle. The '52 has enough more kickup that you have to raise the '54 bed to get it to fit the frame.

I've seen this swap done and it just looks wrong when finished.

Last edited by OldSub; 11/08/2009 2:41 AM.

1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
D
New Guy
New Guy
D Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 10
Thanks old sub,thats about the only real differance I saw. What i didn't say first was that I'm planning on putting a 88 corvette rear init. So that extra hump will come in handie. Thanks


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0