The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (fonz8261, 1 invisible), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,119
Posts1,056,317
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#58567 03/30/2006 9:49 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
I am considering a T5 for my 1950 3100. I have read far too much about the swap and have myself a bit confused. Does the T5 bolt directly up to a 216 bellhousing from an early 50's Chevy 3100? I know there are also clutch issues but it seems they can be solved fairly easily.
Thanks,
Bob


1950 Chevrolet 1300
#58568 03/30/2006 10:51 PM
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2001
Posts: 439
Hey Bob.
I am in the process of doing the esact same thing to my '53. I have the tranny and just fitted it today. Yes, it bolts to the bellhousing. The mount holes just need to be drilled to 17/32. I haven't got to the clutch yet, but really doesn't seem like a problem to me either. I have the clutch out and my boss has parts books, one for clutches and I should be able to find a proper one easily.
Colin

ps. hows the truck coming?

#58569 03/30/2006 11:12 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 65
Thanks Colin. Progress has been a bit slow lately. Might have something to do with having a pregnant wife and desiging a new house. Let me know how the T-5 works out for you, my 3-spd is in rough shape so I might swap it.
Bob


1950 Chevrolet 1300

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0