The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Lugnutz, F100Ranger, 55shaker, Otto Skorzeny, Steelonsteel), 88 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,466
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
There's a local building materials recycling joint that has about 20 of the old soda-water bottles you turn over to charge, varying in condition from $20 to $60.
Most of em look to be in usable condidtion & have inspection tags dated from 1976. there's a couple presurized types as well, I didn't get a good look at those tho.

If anyone would like a set of these for your lil red wagon let me know and I can go see what they have, how much, and get some photos.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
J
24601
24601
J Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 5,723
Sounds like a deal except they're too far away frown

John


~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
Well yeah, a lil bit. However I'm no stranger to shipping things, these are small
enough I could send them USPS.

And I have photos!
This is a group of cans, a couple soda-acid and a pressurized can. There's this one chome can, the shorter olive drab can that looks like it came off a military vehicle, the rest are all brass.
A close in of a soda-acid placcard
One more


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
V
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
V Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,602
Those are not all that expensive to ship. It is those darn old steel CO2 bottles that weigh a ton and cost an arm & a leg to ship. Those look nice but I already have a couple.

Thanks for the offer. Put those babies on ebay and they'll be gone in no time!


Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
I've got to menember ta go over there, but I have some cash now so I'm thinkin I'll go grab a couple of the cheapies and bring em home. Might clean em up a bit, gimme somethin ta do when I'd sittin here doin nutt'n at 3am. Either way I'll see about gettin some to put on Epay, one for around the house coz I likes old simple stuff that's built like a tank, and maybe, just possibly, have a couple in storage just in case someone wants em. grin


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 23
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 23
Hi Freq2002, I'd be interested in the one with the sqeeze handle and gauge.
Steven


Believe none of what you hear and only part of what you see
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
Hey Steven, sorry it took me a while to get back to ya, suffering internet burnout. :P
Just so happens I picked that one up last week along with 4 of the others. It needs to be drained, but the metal & pressure guage is in real good shape. Shoot me a PM with your contact info and we'll see what we can do.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
Just FYI, I have one copper bottle ready to go, mostly cleaned up & polished, but with a fair amount of patina on the surface. I like it as is, but could be cleaned all the way up. I also have the stainless steel bottle ready to go as well. Has a few scuffs and the tag needs to be reglued on one corner, but is otherwise perfect. I even have the acid bottle, holder, and stopple.

I'm currently letting the remaining copper I have, and a brass/clearcoat finished one soak before I clean them up. Both of those also have acid bottle, cage, & stopple. The pressurized can is on hold until I can get it drained.

If anyone is interested in these I can take couple shots and send them to ya. Post here or PM. I may go get a couple more of the copper bottl after the 1st of the month.


1956 GMC 370 dump " 'Tater "
1970 VW Volksrod "the Black Bomber"
2007 Chevy Avalanche
2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk,
2005 Harley Davidson FLHTCUI

I dig all cars, old and new, whether they were hammered out of American iron, German steel, or Japanese tin cans. Being unable to appreciate them all is missing out on a world of great things.
But thats just MY opinion!
:P

Moderated by  69Cuda 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0