After several months of parts gathering, saving $$$`s for dual exhaust and rebuilding carbs, I had the truck running this afternoon. My newest problem is linkage. I am using Fenton split manifolds, Fenton dual intake and a pair of Carter W-1 574s carbs. I have 3 different bell cranks and the Fenton stainless linkage kit. Has anybody gone with the same set up and can you post or send me some pictures? The throttle arms on the carbs when attached to the rod to connect the carbs is too short causing interference with the float bowl. Thanks
Spent the better part of 2 days but utilizing the stock hardware and a bit of bending, grinding, swearing...managed to get it close. With a few more hours of tweaking, should be able to get it right. I would post some pictures but still can`t figure out how.
dual boths - good sound, better performance, better mpg? it really did sound smooth and sweet, as in, i'm behind the wheel of an f250 tdi and SO tired of the noise
Does sound very good and the carbs add to the look as most people have no idea what they are. A little slugish off the line and I credit that to the 70 year old technology. Gas mileage is not much better and hope the 5 speed improves that. Not really driving it for economy though
The 5-speed will help some, no matter what rear end you have. I have a similar setup on my '48, except my carbs are the dreaded Rochestor Model B's. Here's a pic. More than one person has asked me if I have a V-8 when they hear the engine. It's funny seeing the look of shock when I open the hood and they realize it's a straight six.
Looks really good Paul. I am on the hunt for air cleaners and like the look of the 38-47 truck copper filter type but am having a problem getting ones to fit the W-1`s.
Looks like the air conditioning and heater hoses to me.
Last edited by bowtietim; 09/03/20098:27 PM.
1951 3100 Chevrolet 1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall Image "A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams." "Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything" "If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
The 5-speed will help some, no matter what rear end you have. I have a similar setup on my '48, except my carbs are the dreaded Rochestor Model B's. Here's a pic. More than one person has asked me if I have a V-8 when they hear the engine. It's funny seeing the look of shock when I open the hood and they realize it's a straight six.
Why is it the dreaded Rochestor Model Bs? just curious.
A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton