Red58 Thanks for responding.
Right, I know Danchuk sells car parts that is why I stated I bought them from a "car place".
But anyways the 55-59 TRUCK Factory Assembly Manual does show that all the brackets have grommets. Not like the ones you showed but like the ones Danchuk sells. But they list it for a model 5000.
The ones you show for the "along side of oil pan" differ from the factory assembly manual page section 6 sheet 4.
That page says it is for a model 5000 not a 3100 but none of the 3100 pages show a V8 so we are left to your imagination.
That is why I am asking for help. Here is the full page I was refering to above:
full page On there they show grommets 3707952 on the small L brackets ("along side of oil pan").
lower spark plug clips The other drawings also show a long oval 4 hole grommets on each of the supports. Same Full page see Item grommet 3719963.
Or see below for a larger image. My eyes are not that good.
Distributor side supports So that is for some years between 55 to 59. And is for V8 model truck 5000 (a big truck).
What I was asking is what combination of these Danchuck parts is the correct fit for a 57 3100, if any?
If you are saying that those supports you show are correct then I need the little L brackets by the plugs.
And the ones I have will have to do for now. But I was also asking about the various exhaust manifold guards.
Some go around the tops of the plugs and some just shield behind the down pipe from the Ram horn exhaust headers.
I do not see either on that page but thought I saw some elsewhere or maybe it was on some truck motor pictures.
The parts I have are different than what you are showing but they match what is used in the assembly guide for trucks on V8.
I am surprised that they used the brackets you are showing with no grommets since they show grommets in the Factory assembly guide.
Does anyone else also have these type of grommetless wire supports for a 57 V8 265 or 283 like Red58 is showing?