| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,124 Posts1,056,334 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | After searching 50+ pages, couldn't find a clear answer to my question. I installed tilt column from 89 S-10 in my 53 3100, and now I'd like to incorporate the column turn signal switch with the old system. At this time I'm not concerned with the turn indicators, that will come later. At present I have a (7)wire signal stat doing the job, and just one wire into the parklamps. Any help will be much appreciated and or directions to the necessary information. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | You can but it's not simply splicing a few wires together. The easiest for the front is to do away with the park lights since no state requires them by law. Cut the wire connecting the left to the right park lights. The other option is to put dual contact sockets and bulbs in them. The left front t/s will be connected to the light blue wire at the column and the right to the dark blue. The wire that used to go to the brake lights in the back will now be cut and run to the white wire at the column. You can splice the old brake light wire to the left (yellow) wire at the column but then cut the wire that ran from the left to the right side across the back of the bed. Run a new wire to the right rear brake light that hooks to the green wire at the column. Both the turn signals and brake lights work through these wires. Your 12v feed hooks to the purple wire and dont worry about leftover wires which will include the emergency flasher and the horn. The brown wire that runs to the rear is your tail lights and license light and can be left alone.
Evan
| | | | | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | Old style Below is what GM turn signal wiring normaly is Black ---- Horn Lt.Blue - LF Turn Signal Dk.Blue - RF Turn Signal Brown ----Hazard Flasher Purple -- Turn Flasher Yellow -- LR Turn Signal Green --- RR Turn Signal White --- Stop Lamp Switch | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | Coilover, I've read your post over & over, and it's been a big help, but I'm concerned about the "signal flasher". It is a 3 prong and is part of the fuse link from the key to the flasher and the blk & orange go into the old signal switch. So I have the the orange wire @ the brake switch, then connecting to the brown wire, also going into the signal switch. I have the brown tail lamp wire running back to both tailamps. Just to clear it up I did change the front/parklamps over to turn signals, I will go with double elements later on. I did have the green and yellow wires going to the "back" already. So I just wanted to make sure I get the "white & purple" wires hooked up correctly. Thanks, again for all the help. ZooKeeper I had saved a copy of your color keys prior to this, so thanks to you also.
Last edited by Yakimabowtie; 05/15/2009 2:29 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | Got it! I think I finally figured it out. I haven't finished it up yet, but certain that I have a grasp of the situation. I'll let you know later, thanks again. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | Just to let you all know I finished up my turn signal project today and it went according to plan. Now I'd like to incorperate the key ignition/column lock. This weekend I'm showing it off at the American Reflections car show. | | | | | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | | ZooKeeper Unregistered | Purple/White - Ignition Start Pink --------- Ignition Coil Brown -------- Accessory Orange ------- Ignition Switched Red ---------- Battery
| | |
| |
| |