| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,177 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | I'm putting lower rear patch panels on 2 front fenders(55, 2nd series)One I'll position while the front fender is positiond on the truck-that way the rocker sections of the truck and patch line up nicely. My rockers may not be in the "normal" position since I did a step repair so I'm trying to establish what average is and use that information to establish the right position of the patch for the fender I'm selling. Please refer to sketch. sketch If I measure from the crown line on the door to the top feature line on the rocker I get 24". Is that the factory dimension? Can anyone grab a tape measure and measure yours? Thanks, Keith | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | 24" is the dimension I got on mine.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | real close .... 57 fenders measured 24" from crown to top of molding at bottom edge .... I measured the 58 doors, feature line to bottom of door - 23 3/8 one side, 23 1/2 the other .... run with it
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 615 | Thanks guys-
As I mentioned I also get 24". The fender I repaired a few years ago is abot 24-1/4". I think I need to pick up another patch panel and do it over..if anything it's 24" or slightly less..not more.
YA know I see many many magazine covers with these truck that the rocker detail from the fender to the step match up poorly-$15,000 paint job but this detail is noticeably off..and it's advoidable.
Keith | | |
| |
| |