The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (1955 1 Series, 78buckshot, Guitplayer), 89 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 5
Hello all,
Got a question regarding a 53 truck. I inherited my truck from my father after his passing in 1990 and I always remembered him having the eagle hood ornament on the truck, but after searching the forums and several online parts stores, it does not appear that the 53's had a bird or eagle.......can anyone shed some light on this subject. Did good ole' pops like the 54 ornament and place it on the 53? Do the 53 cars hood ornament bird fit trucks also?


Todd
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
N
'Bolter
'Bolter
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 223
Tim is right about the 47-53 truck ornament. I believe the 47-53 truck hood ornament was a dealer option. I think it is the last bit of art deco design from an eariler era that got put on these trucks. I also remember a lot of AD trucks still being in use in the 70's and at least in my neck of the woods it was quite common for folks to stick all sorts of hood ornaments on these trucks. In fact it seemed like a local competition. I remember lots of birds, horses, women and even a homemade spider and web. They would find a spot on the hood where the curve was close to what they had and take out the drill.


1950 Chevy 3100
261, 4 speed
Purchased 1977

1964 Pontiac Lemans Convert
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 29
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 29
Here's a graphic showing various Chevrolet hood ornaments from different years. The 1953-54 truck hood ornament is shown in the upper right on this page. It was a flying bird with a forked tail. I had a '54 Bel Air hood ornament I picked up at a junk shop hoping it would fit on the truck. It doesn't. You'll have to go with the truck ornament shown here if you want the "correct" hood ornament:

http://www.taillightking.com/images...Pics/chevrolet_53-60_Hood_ornament_5.jpg


My mechanic calls it an oil leak... I call it my truck's 'self-lubricating chassis' feature.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0