| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jan 2009 Posts: 16 | I needed to know if I need a regular cab S10 for my 52 GMC 3/4 ton or an extended cab. Does anyone know? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 649 | 52Fanatic, If I'm wrong someone will correct me, The regular cab long box S-10 wheelbase is 118" and the X-cab is 123". So measure your wheel base, and go from there. From what I understand the 123" wheelbase frame can be shortened and I would assume stretched if necessary. Just my 2cents. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | For a 1/2-ton the standard answer is the standard cab long box. The extended cab is longer, but still not as long as your 3/4-ton truck's wheel base. You're either shortening the bed or lengthening the frame.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: May 2008 Posts: 24 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2008 Posts: 24 | I put my 49 gmc 3/4 ton on a regular cab long bed S10 frame. fit perfect on had to move leaf spring frame brackets back I think 7 and 1/4 inches back on the frame which leveled out back of the truck. I will measure tomorrow to be sure. | | |
| |
| |