The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, 68ironhead, 66flea, 1 invisible), 98 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,081
Posts1,056,321
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
I have a 41 1/2 ton. Before an almost frame off body restoration my fan heater worked. Now it doesn't. I have power on the switch. When I try to manually turn the fan using a screwdriver thru the cowling (the fan is under the glove box on the wire wall) I can't. Two questions: what are the steps required to test for the problem and what are the steps if I am required to remove the fan box itself and repair the thing? Thanks in advance for the time to anyone who can help with this. Jim

PS, The fan has three wires coming from it, only two are tied down

Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Well, it would sure sound like the fan is either binding due a bad bearing or perhaps a critter in there. Just disconnect the wires, blower hoses, water inlet & outlet, and drop it out. Depending on the type of heater (and there were numerous types) it more than likely be bolted in from the engine side through the firewall.

Take as close of look as you can and if necessary go ahead and remove the fan and motor which isn't difficult. Test the motor with 6V or 12V as appropriate. Replacement motors for either voltage are available from the major old truck parts vendors or you can take it to a shop and have it repaired if necessary.

Hope this helps you and let us know how you make out.

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0