| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Otto Skorzeny, Wally / Montana, Jeff Ogden, Peggy M, amtrakjoe, moparguy, mvigo, walter74),
83
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,702 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 25 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2008 Posts: 25 | I have tried to do a search on this, but didn't come up with any information that was helpful. I am in the process of trying to determine the wheel size and width for my 55 2nd using a GM rearend. I have NOT yet determined the exact rearend that I will be using. I have a 79 Monte that is 58" hub face to hub face. A 4 wheel drive S-10 rearend that is 59" h-h, and a 70 Chevelle rearend that is 62-1/2"h-h. The factory rear end is 62", so I am assuming that the Chevelle rearend is the one to go with. As far as wheel offset goes, I am also assuming that I would have a better chance of proper fit without having to go with wheel spacers or extreme negative offset wheels. I want to go with either 17" or 18" x 10" wide rims. Has anyone been through this dilemma? I wish I had several wheels and tires to simply bolt on and check, but obviously I don't. Any help on this issue would be great. Thanks, Ed | | |
| |
| |