| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,246 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 | What is the best method to sift blasting sand so I can reuse?
What type of screen works for 0 and 00 sand?
Do you build a hopper?
Thanks | | | | | Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2002 Posts: 99 | I'm not sure how large or small 0 and 00 sand is, but when I need to sift fine blasting media regular window screen worked very well. At first I tried a piece of plywood with a hole and the screen stapled to it, but found that I had to shake it back and forth to sift which became very tedious. The next time I tried making a funnel out of the screen (actually my friends came up with the idea) that was secured using wire twisted together. This seemed to work extremely well. Unfortunately it tends to be a two person job (one holding the funnel, the other pouring) but with a little time you could do it yourself.
Neil 1955 Chevy 3200
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 240 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 240 | I use a large tea strainer, and a large aluminum scoop to clean up my blast cabinet and also for the pressure pot blaster. Borrowed one from the wife so when I went to the hardware store for a replacement I picked up 2 so I have a spare.
You Learn more Listening than Talking
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 | yes a strainer sound like the answer
many thanks | | | | | Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2008 Posts: 136 | I found a strainer at the hardware store in the pots and pans section that is perfect for get the chucks out. It fits in a 2-1/2 gal plastic bucket so I do not have to hold it while straining.
thanks | | | | | Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2007 Posts: 2,644 | You know, sometimes I have to marvel at my cluelessness. I've been wanting to get one of those special sifters designed just for blasting pots and the thought of using a food strainer NEVER crossed my mind! You guys get a gold star. | | |
| |
| |