The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Gdads51, 2-Ton, fonz8261), 104 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,143
Posts1,056,495
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42695 11/13/2003 5:35 AM
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
Hey,

Just put a 700R4 in the truck and I got a crossmember from the bone yard and it is not right. The tranny sits too high. Any ideas of a year model truck crossmember that might work better?

John


Be Happy and Live a Good life filled with Love and Happiness.
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 78
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 78
What if you bolt the crossmember under the frame (I'm assuming its sitting inside the rails right now?) Or just make your own, its pretty simple. Hve fun.


-----------------------------------
Rollin' Hard
1946 Chevy 1/2 ton
1959 Phord 1/2 ton
2001 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I used one from a 69 C-10 V-8 auto truck, works perfect.


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 38
Hi,

To bolt it under frame I have to flip it over and the channel is too deep for the mount. I think I will try and find one from a '69 c10 or something. Thanks...

John


Be Happy and Live a Good life filled with Love and Happiness.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0