The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gdads51, Jon G, DadsFirstPickup, 1955 1 Series, Wrenchman), 110 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,305
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#42591 03/08/2004 5:01 AM
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 21
L
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
L Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 21
I am replacing the touque tube rear end in my 48 Chevrolet half ton with a 9 inch. Can I get a decent ride from the stock rear leaf springs. If I use them I will seperate them, wire brush, paint and use the teflon liners. This pickup will be a street rod hauling nothing more than lawn chairs and easy up awning.

I have a set of Camaro Z28 5 leaf springs with shackles and front mount. Would be a lot more trouble to use, but I want to do the job ONE TIME ONLY.

Any suggestions which way to go


1948 Chevy
5 window
"6" powered
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
Teflon liners in leaf springs are fine , but you will need to upgrade the shocks to help tie it all together and hold down the axle bounce , now that the springs move so much more freely.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0