| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#41524 01/20/2002 8:42 PM | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 | Alright, call me nuts if you want, but I've been driving automatics for all 3 years I've had my drivers licence, and they're frickin' BORING. Yes I could put a manual valvebody in the 700 but it would still be boring. Yes I was planning on using a wide ratio muncie. I do not give a darn what kind of gas mileage I get. If I did I would be hopping up some rice rocket like all the pussies I go to university with. By the way, the rear end is a leaf spring/10 bolt 3.08 posi out of an '80 firebird. Those tame gears are soon to be replaced with 4.10's. The same firebird donated it's front clip to get those front fenders scrapin' the dirt. Yes I know I should be shot for "clipping" a classic chevy, but what the hell it looks cool, was cheap, and handles just a tad bit better than a leaf sprung straight axle. By the way, if I'm nuts for wanting to lose the AOD, does anyone want to trade a good muncie for it? Thanks for the replies guys. Appreciate it.
By the way, this is another canuck talkin', from SASKATCHEWAN!!
----------------------------------- Rollin' Hard 1946 Chevy 1/2 ton 1959 Phord 1/2 ton 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | |
#41525 01/20/2002 9:20 PM | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 21 Member | | Member Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 21 | I've only been driving for 2 years now, and the autos are so boring, unless you're racing "quick shift" muscle cars. Then that's the only way to do it. But why not a 5spd, you'll get better gearing to cruise race whatever at. And why are you going with 4.11's? Rice rockets suck, I hate them, my friend wants one, but at least he can appreciate these trucks also, unlike other young people I know. But hey, I'm still gonna beat his A$$ down when we race Nate
If you're clean, then you're not a 'Man' If your truck is clean, then your truck is a 'Queen'.
50 3/4T Chevy until it is traded or sold 48-55 1/2T Chevy parts until they're all gone
| | |
#41526 01/20/2002 10:06 PM | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 506 | What year is your truck? t
"Drugs are money, money is power, power is security." - Kent Heiner Nedrow population 2212 Carbon footprint family of 2/11 tonnes of CO2/yr
| | |
#41527 01/20/2002 10:29 PM | Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2001 Posts: 78 |
----------------------------------- Rollin' Hard 1946 Chevy 1/2 ton 1959 Phord 1/2 ton 2001 Chevy 1/2 ton
| | |
#41528 01/21/2002 6:06 PM | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 587 | Jeff, was watching "Trucks" last night late on TV. It's on TNN I think around 1:00 or 1:30 for me. Next week it's supposed to have an article on changing an automatic to a Manual in some truck. Didn't catch what one. They do alot with 4 x 4 stuff so may be that. Maybe if you check your TV listings you can find the show. It may be on during the day sometime too, as others on the list have mentioned watching it then. It's kinda a neat show, goes fast tho, take notes. 
G.L. Grumpy's Old Iron Ranch Huntington, IN 46750
MM R tractor, Speedex and Power King tractors
| | |
| |
| |