The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (Gdads51, Youngin' Tut 59, Otto Skorzeny, tclederman, 3800GUY, walter74, LAROKE, 1 invisible), 70 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,599
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#400743 04/11/2008 2:15 AM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
These are some photos I took when I brought the truck home. There were stripes painted in the locations shown. The paint looks beige or ivory. Not sure if they were factory or maybe dealer options. Thanks for any wisdom.

Neil

pinstripes

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 80
W
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
W Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 80
It's a factory stripe,you can find the exact color elsewhere in these forums I'm sure.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 493
Thanks Wally.

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,644
That doesn't look like a factory pin stripe deal. I'm not exactly sure but I do know there was a stripe that went around the cab belt, on the wheels and I THINK on the leading edge of the grille bars.

Those stripes in the running boards and all around the fenders are suspect for sure and the photos appear to show th stripes were painted in short sections, not the way it's done... a good pin-striper will lay down a long stripe.

HERE'S what I found on mine.


Woody
Your Brother in Bolthood

My 1951 half-ton 'Ol Red

Save the VINTAGE DOOR ART! Please contribute photos.
Door Art Collection

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0