The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (3800GUY, 3B, JW51, Lightholder's Dad), 125 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,367
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 581
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! I can't believe it. This whole time I've owned my beloved 194? 11/2ton fire truck, I've thought it was a 235, since the valve cover said LoadMaster on it. For no reason at all, I finally decided to code the casting number. It's a 53 216!!! :mad:

I'm stunned. I'm dissapointed. I'm . . . I'm . . . am I overreacting?! This truck has never exactly seemed powerful, just really loud. I'm anticipating an engine rebuild this winter anyway, should I find a 235 to put in it? For originality's sake, I will ONLY consider the pre '54, splash-oiling engine. Would I notice the extra few horses I'd get from the 235?

Also, the truck serial tag is long gone. Is there ANY way to figure out which engine this truck originally had? I've just been assuming they would only put the heavier-duty 235 into a fire truck . . .

Thoughts?

-Michael


Please type slow, as I can't read very fast.

1939 Chevy/Central Fire Engine
1941 Chevy/American Fire Engine
1950 Chevy/American Fire Engine
In the Gallery
More Photos in Me Gallery
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 185
Quote
Originally posted by Mikestem:
Thoughts?
261

Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Apr 2002
Posts: 1,571
Or you could make a few modifications and install a GMC engine! grin


Get a REAL truck, get a GMC! www.oldgmctrucks.com
1954 GMC De Luxe COE

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0