I recently started putting the sheet metal back on my '64 and some of the fits around the hood don't look exactly right. Where the back of the hood meets the fender extensions, the hood is about 1/4" wider on each side than the extensions and I've spaced them out as much as I can. Also, in front, the gap between the bottom of the hood and the top of the grill support is about 3/4" in the middle. Looking at the front/bottom of the hood, it appears to bow upward in the middle. Are these types of fits normal? When reworking the hood, I drilled out the front brace so I could fix some rusty areas and then welded it back in, so I might have caused the bow. This truck was put together from 2 or 3 at some point in its past so I don't expect it to be perfect but I want top get it as good as I can. Any insight will be appreciate.
Jeff