| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,402 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 | I just bought this Suburban, it came with an econo airbag suspension but someone did a pretty bad job putting it in,it still has the stock front axle,no IFS. My problem is this, as I went to install the new front leaf springs I realized there is nothing to mount the front of the leaf spring to, it appears there should be a bracket on the inside of the front portion of the frame to hold the shackle.......any advice where I could get my hands on a couple of these? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | Try "JIMBO59CHEVY" on this forum in the parts for sale section. He also sells on e-bay. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 | | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 1,780 | I may have a set too. I don't have a picture of them at this time. I was looking for a front cross member for a GMC and ended up buying a front clip that was removed for a IFS. All I need is the front cross member. Let me know if you can't find one locally. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | WOW...... I just thought of something.This had airbags with no front leaf springs? What was holding the front axle in? Suberbin,,Could you post a couple pics. of this setup? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 | That's right! No shocks, No leaf springs! and the guy claims he was driving it! I was able to get up to about 25mph and then the body rolled to one side and I parked it. Sorry no Pictures already removed the airbags. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2001 Posts: 1,517 | Youre one lucky dude!!! To even drive it and survive. Im already picturing what could have happened. All I can say is............. WOW!!!!!!!! | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 23 | Thanks everybody I found a pair of brackets! | | |
| |
| |