The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Barry Martak, Wally / Montana), 167 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,416
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
I finished installing all new brake system, dual master, new slaves, pads, pipe, and hardware. I used the dot3 as you guy's advised. I bench bleed the master installed and bleed the brakes starting with left wear [longest line] then right rear, then front right [longest line in front]and then left front. the master came with a 4 inch plunger treaded into a clevis pin that bolts to the lower end of the brake pedal. I could not adjust this out anough to remove 3 inches of play in pedal prior to engaging the piston or to bleed the brakes and had to make a 5 inch plunger out of a number 8 3/8" bolt. the pedal still seems to feel soft for the first 1 1/2 of travel, then it is hard and braking is felt at the wheels. I have adjusted the pads untill they grab and then backed them off just a little. Any ideas on this? or do I need to make a 6 inch plunger. Has any one install this dual master kit from CCP in a 55 2nd 3/4 ton and if so how did it go?

any help appriciated.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
D
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 111
Sorry about the confusion, I meant to say CPP, Classic Performance Parts. Also I solved the problem and now have perfect brakes. I still needed the longer 5 inch pin from the brake pedal to the piston of the master cylinder, however the real problem was that I had not completed the pad adjustment as called for in the shop manual. you first adjust the lower star adjuster until you feel drag, then the top adjuster to eliminate the drag, hit the back of wheel with a rubber hammer to make sure the brake pads fall into place and then repeat the process untill adjusting the top adjusting nut will no longer remove the drag. once I had done this to all the drums the brake pedal was nice and stiff at the top. hope this helps someone else because I was scratching my head for several day's

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
Good info. I hope to do the same upgrade in the future. Thanks.


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0