The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (rfs56trk, WingWright, Jon G, Rusted Nut, Woodcmiami), 117 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,109
Posts1,056,260
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36505 04/01/2002 5:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9
G
Junior Member
Junior Member
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9
I posted this in a longer form in the Lounge, but I thought I might get a better responce here. Will a 228 GMC engine fit into a 1937 2ton Chevy. I have the oppurtunity to buy a 37 chevy thats in poetty good condition for the body and the chassis. but I don't know if the engines will swap out. HELP!!

#36506 04/05/2002 12:12 AM
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 51
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2000
Posts: 51
i believe that the 228 is 1-2" longer than the 216. the clearance with the waterpump and the radiator may be a problem but thats easily solved.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0