The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (GMCJammer51, TexasA&M48Truck, 55shaker, Gdads51, Pre '68 Dave, moparguy, 3B), 106 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,390
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#359865 01/12/2008 4:19 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 54
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 54
I've watched this board for a while, and finally registered. I'm rebuilding my grandfathers '53 3800 pickup. It is awfully rough, and isn't worth fixing, but it is such a neat old truck I took the project on anyway. My first question, I have sandblasted the frame, rebuild springs and axles, and would like to get it rolling now. I have blasted and painted the wheels, which were in pretty good shape. Now I need to get some tires on them. My question is, will 7.50-17 work on the front of the truck? They were an option for the rear only I think. There are more tread patterns available in 7.50-17 than in the original 7.00-17. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help, I am sure I'll be back.
Josh

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 155
7.50x17 will work just fine on the front...I don't know why they made them an option for the rear only, unless it was to haul more
weight...


Geoff


68 GMC 3800
56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader
Stick #359986 01/12/2008 10:42 PM
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
My 52 3800 pickup had 7.50X17 all four corners, drove it like that for a long time, no problems.

I later switched to 8X19.5, they just fit, not much extra room, but worked great, and gave a smoother ride.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0