| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, tclederman, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Charles in CA, 49choptop),
74
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,376 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 54 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 54 | I've watched this board for a while, and finally registered. I'm rebuilding my grandfathers '53 3800 pickup. It is awfully rough, and isn't worth fixing, but it is such a neat old truck I took the project on anyway. My first question, I have sandblasted the frame, rebuild springs and axles, and would like to get it rolling now. I have blasted and painted the wheels, which were in pretty good shape. Now I need to get some tires on them. My question is, will 7.50-17 work on the front of the truck? They were an option for the rear only I think. There are more tread patterns available in 7.50-17 than in the original 7.00-17. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help, I am sure I'll be back. Josh | | | | | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 155 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2002 Posts: 155 | 7.50x17 will work just fine on the front...I don't know why they made them an option for the rear only, unless it was to haul more weight...
Geoff
68 GMC 3800 56 JD420C w/JD90 Loader
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | My 52 3800 pickup had 7.50X17 all four corners, drove it like that for a long time, no problems.
I later switched to 8X19.5, they just fit, not much extra room, but worked great, and gave a smoother ride.
Grigg | | |
| |
| |