| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible),
165
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 99 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 99 | Hey guys, got a question about identifying an AC oil filter canister from a Fram canister. Very few of these have the original color or decals left on them. So when I go to restore one, how can I tell if I have a Fram canister or an AC canister? Dimensions, brackets, etc. I would appreciate any help (esp. pics)! Thanks, Jeff. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 99 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 99 | Just found the answer to my own question. AC has a smooth cone bottom and Fram has a corrugated cone bottom. Thanks Jim Carter! I'll leave this up in case someone in the future needs it. Jeff | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Jeff,
Good job searching this down. Someone would have eventually answered you. This information can also be found by searching this Forum (it is one of the topics that shows every few months).
I do not know much about the Fram filters but there were several sizes/styles of AC (GM) by-pass canister filters that were available over the years.
Good luck, Tim | | |
| |
| |