| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,095 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 35 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Dec 2005 Posts: 35 | I am proud to announce that I am the new owner of a 1947 1.5 ton stakeside. I have been asking questions for the past month or so. I plan on doing a frame off resto so it may take a few years. I will post pictures as I go. My father has a body shop so I will have some help but the mechanics I'll be on my own. I think my first effort will be tires, brakes, and tranny before I start the body work. Engine has 40,000 orig miles and purrs like a kitten. I'd like to put a dump mechanism on the bed also. No questions now but... Tim
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Congradulations Tim! Take your time with your project, and if you have half as much fun as I did on mine you will have a blast. Don't forget to take lots of pictures and be sure to share them with everyone here, we love pictures! Good luck, Bill | | | | | Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 4 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2007 Posts: 4 | Is this your first? I'd like to know what tools you will be using. I still remember towing home my 54 4400 from a neighbor behind my dad's ford f150. It's still with me and someday will live again. I think I've collected more knowledge and tools than parts on that project though. Still a happy journey, I know how to use every welder now and how to battle rust, and how many times a truck gets fixed over 50 years or so. I'm just a young pup but good luck!
1954 4400 1968 c40 (military build) | | |
| |
| |