The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Forty9), 134 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
Steele Rubber Products lists the following on their site for the '41 '46 series trucks:

Door Weatherstrip Set and Door Opening Weatherstrip

Although I knew the Door Opening Weatherstrip was used I was unaware that there was a Door (proper) Weatherstrip installed.

Has anyone installed the weatherstriping on the door itself? Comments? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Don


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
I am surprised to see that too, Don. I noticed that the product number starts with a "70", instead of the "60" as on the windlace style weatherstrips. I also notice in the next column to the right and just a bit lower is a "70" prefix number for a suburban rear door. I'm making a supposition, but I believe that the "70" numbers shown for 39 and up doors are for the rear doors of the suburbans, panels and the canope expresses.
A call to Steele Rubber Products would probably answer the question.

Joe smile


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2000
Posts: 700
I'll give them a call today. The particular part # I'm wondering about is 90-0151-72 The Door Weatherstrip Set. This part comes up when selecting the Pickup, 1.2 Ton, 2WD, Shortbed, 115" WB link in the Style and Model Chart.

Has anyone installed the weatherstrip on the cab doors of a '41 - '46 1/2 Ton?


My 1941 in the Stovebolt Gallery
My Photo Album


But I tried, didn't I? ... At least I did that. RP McMurphy
The past belongs to the future...but only the present can preserve it.
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone.
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
Z
'Bolter
'Bolter
Z Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 161
The second one in your photo looks like the weatherstrip I got from ACT for my truck. I installed it and it worked out pretty good.


1946 Chevy Pickip

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0