The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326461 01/03/2006 10:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 36
R
Apprentice
Apprentice
R Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 36
Quick question, when I first bought my truck I turned on the radio to my surprise it crackled to life and then slowly died to no sound at all. Does this sound like a speaker or a radio issue. It stayed on for about 10 minutes, but we have no am radio channels here to tune to, to see if would actually bring in a station. You turn the knob on now the light lights up and no sound at all. If all it is, is a speaker then I would like to change that and keep it working. I do not want to put out the money on a NOS radio for just AM in a work truck.
Thanks for your assistance,


Because of God's Grace,
Ranger Ric
Micah 6:8
Remember if you are driving one of those other things.....stop it!
visit our homepage for pictures of my trucks and our dogs. http://www.rainydaysmastiffs.com
#326462 01/03/2006 10:49 PM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
Ranger Ric,
in general, speakers don't die like that. I would guess that it is not a speaker problem. You might want to check to see if the antenna is plugged in properly.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
#326463 01/04/2006 12:24 AM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
F
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
F Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 12,029
dang! ya didn't let the smoke out did ya? grin

is 69 solid state yet? do they still use vibrators Nix? I'll hafta check out that one I have

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature, we find it attached to the rest of the world" ~ John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" ~ me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics
#326464 01/04/2006 12:49 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
It would definitely be solid state with no vibrators. I don't know too much about them and the techniques to troubleshoot would be quite different from the tube era radios.

Fred


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!

Moderated by  truckernix 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0