The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Cletus1950, Gdads51, cmayna, Jon G, JW51, 1 invisible), 108 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,370
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326219 09/12/2007 5:57 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
My bed was in pretty bad shape and after a few years of ply on top finally rotted out enough to drop my scooter onto the frame one day.
I was planning on ordering a kit and in the mean time popped a steel 76 bed on.
The oak and pines just don't appeal to me so I'm looking for something different, I did find a nice site that has the pattern for the pieces.

It's at GMC Pauls
http://www.gmcpauls.com/47-72_BedWood_Info.htm


My other truck is a Ducati
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
If you go to my site at the bottom you can see the cherry wood and purpleheart wood that I used for the bed of my 53. You can do it if you have some woodworking tools. Much cheaper than the kits. Also you can have a choice of many different hardwoods.

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 19
I've setup my router bench to do the strip seat gooves in a single pass. I'll be starting as soon as I get my wood or grass in my case. I decided that since I call her teagreen I'll be using bamboo as my bed wood. A local lumber yard has a source for cultured strand which is supposed to be the hardest bamboo board. Fingers crossed.


My other truck is a Ducati
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
W
New Guy
New Guy
W Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 25
I am thinking of removing the metal floor on my 1969 Chev longhorn and replace it with wood. Can you tell me how wide the wood needs to be, how thick and if the wood fit into each other or if there is a gap that the metal strips cover?

Thanks


Waggy
Chev- Sedan 36,Apache 59,Longhorn 69, Chrysler 300 - 1970 conv, Ford Prefect 49, International L130 1950
Surrey, BC, Canada
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 1,312
Hi Waggy - nice to see someone from Surrey on the board. I did my own bedwood in my '40. Pretty straightforward job, although a bi time consuming. Not sure how your bed details compare to mine but you are welcome to have a look


1940 Chevy KC 1/2-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0