| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,105 Posts1,056,545 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 703 | I've posted this question in the General Truck Forum, and had no luck. Thought someone lurking here might be of some assistance.
My buddy has a 1941 1/2 ton pickup that came with a wooden bed. Not just the floor, but yes, the bedsides were wood as well.
I know I've seen pics of another truck like this. It was in need of restoration but at least enough was there to know what it was.
My buddy, having no idea of what I'm talking about, is thinking of tearing down this rare piece of history and slapping a flat bed on it.
I on the other hand, want him to restore it back to it's original condition.
I could sure use some help i.e. info and pics of one of these trucks so I could better convince him of how rare it would be and how much more interesting it would look with a wooden bed.
Thanks in advance for you help. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2006 Posts: 232 | Ive never seen an original with wood bedsides but I have seen one where somebody made wood bedsides for there bed and then bolted the metal fenders to the new bedsides. I dont beleive this was ever a factory item. Possibley could have been a conversion of some sort, kind of like how the factory now supplies the vehicle without bed to dealers for the customer to have a flat/utility bed installed. | | |
| |
| |