| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,375 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#31831 02/18/2004 6:52 PM | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 81 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 81 | My 62 Chevy 1/2 ton truck doesn't have power brakes and I need shoes with a FF rating so I can stop with less 'pushing and grunting'. Do any of you Stovebolters know of a brakeshoe supplier who sells the shoes with the FF rating? Any other suggestions since I do not want to add power brakes?
Green Machine
| | |
#31832 02/18/2004 7:21 PM | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 2,773 | There's a place in Royse City, TX http://www.praisedynobrake.com/
Fred 52 3600 69 C-10
| | |
#31833 02/19/2004 8:53 PM | | Anonymous Unregistered | | Anonymous Unregistered | There is a place in Portland Oregon called 'Friction Supply' that produces and sells a brake shoe they call "Velvetouch." It's a metallic lining and works very well with standard brake applications. Bob | | |
#31834 02/19/2004 9:23 PM | Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Jan 2000 Posts: 1,586 | I had the front shoes on my 51 relined with FF brake material by Rochester Clutch and Brake who caters to the vintage guys and has a good reputation.They told me it would be an improvement, but don't expect miracles if the brakes were in good shape to begin with.Had the shoes relined and ground to fit the NOS drums I stole off Ebay.The guy was right,they work fine but not all that much better than the generic shoes I got at the local parts store 6 years ago.No problem, the relining was only 25 bucks. | | |
| |
| |