| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,352 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#30500 09/12/2003 3:47 AM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 33 | Well, this June I hauled the non-turning 207 from my '35 Chev. 1 1/2 ton truck home from the field where it's been sitting for the last fifty years.
I finally found the time to dismantle the motor and discovered that the pistons in it are .40 oversize. Two of the pistons were lightly rusted to the cylinder walls. Pitting on the cylinder walls is very minor so I'm thinking that I can take another .20 off to smooth things out. This is, of course, assuming that someone out there has .60 oversized pistons available. Does anyone know where these may be available?
Any other thoughts who has the best prices on the gaskets/other motor parts I'll be needing? The babbit and crankshaft look pretty good so I'm hoping to get away with using what I've got on the bottom end of things.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions?
John Larson
P.S. I did manage to finish grinding down to bare metal this truck's frame this summer. Looks a whole lot nicer with a fresh coat of primer. 1935 Chevrolet 1.5-ton 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 2-door 1965 **** F-250 1980 "Honda-Davidson" CB-750 Custom 1989 BMW 325i Convertible (wife's car)
| | |
#30501 09/12/2003 3:55 PM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 31 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 31 | Try www.kanter.com They have a complete overhaul kit for the 207. Egge machine will also make any piston you might need. Good luck!
Thomas Mott 1949 GMC 250 1957 Dodge COE c-700 1959 Chris Craft 17' w/big journal 327 for more power
| | |
#30502 09/14/2003 8:24 PM | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 33 Apprentice | | Apprentice Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 33 | I checked Kanter's website and see that they list .60 oversized pistons as available. Looks like that company really has a great selection of engine parts for all sorts of older makes.
Thanks, John Larson 1935 Chevrolet 1.5-ton 1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 2-door 1965 **** F-250 1980 "Honda-Davidson" CB-750 Custom 1989 BMW 325i Convertible (wife's car)
| | |
#30503 09/14/2003 9:07 PM | Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 504 Member | | Member Joined: Jul 2000 Posts: 504 | John, I have purchased front end and brake parts from Kanter a few times.. Their shipping is fast and best of all when you open the box, the correct parts are always inside..
Bill M 53 GMC Hydra-Matic
Home Page http://home.comcast.net/~bd97/index.html
When you argue with a fool, two fools are arguing..
| | |
| |
| |