| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,253 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#28647 11/25/2002 6:50 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 | Just recently I've been assembling the pushrods rockers and rocker shaft.I have installed a melling ccs-6 hydraulic camshaft and lifters.With the rockershaft torqued very carefully and no adjusting screws installed in any of the rockers,a couple of the pushrods are pretty snug up against the bottom of the rocker.Now I've never run this engine before,I have all the rockers in there correct place.These pushrods I am using are 11.25 long.I was told they made a shorter pushrod, or could it be the lifters are new and need to be run a little bit? The engine is a 1958 235 6 cyl. with an 848 head, looking for some help here THANKS.. :confused: | | |
#28648 11/26/2002 5:21 PM | Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2001 Posts: 1,745 | It sounds to me like you have the wrong push rods.
54 3100 with 235 62 flatbed dump C60 with 261
| | |
#28649 11/30/2002 4:36 AM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 394 | Boy I'll tell you I've actually sat down and thought about my problem here. So what I did was started my valve adjustment with the #2 in. and #1 ex. wide open like the book says and beleive or not the problem no longer exist and never did. Basically this was my fault.Ok here is my next question.When setting the valves with brand new lifters never run before how far do you adjust that set screw into the lifter? The reason I'm asking is because that set screw will push that pushrod into that lifter pretty deep. Hopefully I can find help here. Thanks Tony M. :confused: | | |
#28650 12/01/2002 4:30 AM | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 64 Member | | Member Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 64 | If my memory is working like it should, I believe the valve setting on a 6cyl. 235 is 1 1/2 turns on the screw from zero lash. Racecarl has a post on the tech. that tells you which valves to adjust with no. 1 TDC fire and which valves to adjust with no. 6 cyl TDC fire. This by far the easiest way to adjust valves and the most accurate. I believe the 6 cyl. engines were 1 1/2 turns and the v/8 engines were 3/4 turns from zero lash. These are all hyd. lifter settings.
kdot em3
| | |
| |
| |