| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 | Anyone reproducing these? I was offered a '55 FS 1/2 ton panel truck for $550 which is a good straight and solid truck, but is missing the rear doors and fenders. I've seen the rear fenders being reproduced (even for stock wouldn't mind fiberglass) but the doors are what's got me. Think it's worth the money just to get it anyway? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 12,029 | no they're not reproduced, yes it's worth getting, eventually you'll find some workable used doors
Bill | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 | Excellent. Thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to go for it... I'll look for doors while it's in the 'queue.'  I think it'd make a great delivery vehicle for my TV repair business. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | Once you start watching those doors aren't real hard to come by. Since buying my Suburban I've acquired two more sets for a total cash price of only $50. In both cases they came with trucks, but that was okay with me.
None of them are real great, but all are repairable.
And no, none of mine are for sale.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jun 2007 Posts: 90 | That's good to know. That was this trucks fate, as it was explained to me actually... it was complete until a parts hunter showed up for fenders and cargo doors.  | | |
| |
| |