| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible),
81
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 | It almost looks like someone may have used a red iron oxide primer on the entire intrior of the Sub, but it just looks to neat and there are no paint lines or masking lines that I can see. I can see a light silver/gold color under that in spots, but then I stumble on this picture to further confuse. This interior shot looks exactly like mine. Too weird. Thanks, Jon http://www.oldgmctrucks.com/photos/1950_Suburban_CraigSheltonAK.jpg | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | Hey J50, That's my burb picture (it is now in 1000 individual pieces) and it is the original paint on the interior. Not sure what matches it but it is a Redish Cocoa Brown. I'm sure someone here will let us know what is a current color match. I'm going to change the color of mine so I have not looked into matching.
Good Luck & Happy Burbing....Buddy in AK | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 | Thanks Buddy....I was wondering if that was stock or if somebody had left it in red oxide primer. I do not intend to leave it that color at all. The paint under the "worn" spots look to be the same color as your heater unit in the photo. My heater is as the rest of the interior, red oxide ( cocoa). My green Sub looks exactly like your Sub.I think I will get the serial no. and post it to see how close it is to your number just for kicks. Does your title list a serial number or just a motor number ?? Jon | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 Member | | Member Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 60 | Thanks, that is exactly what I found under the red oxide looking color after I blasted it with 2450 PSI pressure. Most of the loose stuff flew off and exposed the original color. Just like my old 48 Thriftmaster. I can not figure out what the PO was up to. Buddy my no is: FC101 107315 antwhere near your number??? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | Nope, mine is FC101 134724
Buddy | | |
| |
| |