The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hush, delky), 141 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,126
Posts1,056,354
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
I have replaced all the felt and rubber that I know of, but when I close my doors and the windows are down, they rattle against the metal channe edge of the felt - am I doing something wrong???


1950 AD Chevy
235 - 3 on the tree - straight pipe & cherry bomb - baaaam bam bam bam bam
I am no mechanic, but I am going to try on this one!
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 236
The metal channel that is covered with felt should remain in a channel that continues on down into the door, otherwise it could rattle against the window. When the window is up, there is nothing for the metal to rattle against.


58 Fleetside, 235, "The Old Buckin' Bronco"
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
If you replace the metal channels that have the felt inside, the windows will be quite stiff to roll up and down. There would be no chance of a rattle then.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 25
The metal channel is new too, it is just when the window is all the way down. It is not in the channel snug then - well, not on mine. That is why I am thinking that I must be doing something wrong or it is the nature of the beast.


1950 AD Chevy
235 - 3 on the tree - straight pipe & cherry bomb - baaaam bam bam bam bam
I am no mechanic, but I am going to try on this one!

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0