| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, homer52, 2 invisible),
95
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2002 Posts: 144 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2002 Posts: 144 | Hello: I have a AD 47 - 53 truck fixation and have several of one sort of other. Some are GMC's. My question is.... was there ever a GMC horn button ? I have never seen one... all the GMC's I have ever seen (1947 to 1953) say Chevrolet. Thanks Ter | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | Every AD GMC truck I've ever seen had a GMC horn button. Just pulled a steering wheel off a '50 GMC at the junk yard. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | The horn buttons and steering wheels are a little different and can only be swapped as a pair. You must be seeing what's left after people grab those desireble GMC horn buttons and steering wheels.
Interestingly one of my GMCs came with an aftermarket wheel and another came with a Chevy wheel, so I've seen stuff similar to what you have. However, my '55 1st Suburban is definitely a GMC wheel and horn button.
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 341 | The answer is YES! I currently have one on my '51.
Allan ----- 1951 GMC 1/2-ton Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | GMC and Chevrolet horn buttons are the same except for the script and they are interchangeable. The steering wheels are also identical. I've got about 5 Advance Design steering wheels, 2 of them I pulled off of GMC's and you can't tell them apart. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 637 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 637 | I just looked at my horn button on my 1954 GMC 100 pickup, it says GMC. | | | | | Joined: May 2007 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2007 Posts: 112 | Hi, I find this picture for you, but I don't know how load the picture | | |
| |
| |