The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Otto Skorzeny, Shaffer's1950, Uncles51), 96 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,462
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#236589 07/02/2007 6:33 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 144
T
Ter
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 144
Hello:
I have a AD 47 - 53 truck fixation and have several of one sort of other. Some are GMC's. My question is.... was there ever a GMC horn button ?
I have never seen one... all the GMC's I have ever seen (1947 to 1953) say Chevrolet.
Thanks
Ter

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Every AD GMC truck I've ever seen had a GMC horn button.
Just pulled a steering wheel off a '50 GMC at the junk yard.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
O
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,152
The horn buttons and steering wheels are a little different and can only be swapped as a pair. You must be seeing what's left after people grab those desireble GMC horn buttons and steering wheels.

Interestingly one of my GMCs came with an aftermarket wheel and another came with a Chevy wheel, so I've seen stuff similar to what you have. However, my '55 1st Suburban is definitely a GMC wheel and horn button.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Aug 2005
Posts: 341
The answer is YES! I currently have one on my '51.


Allan
-----
1951 GMC 1/2-ton
Two 1953 Chevy 3100 5-window
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
GMC and Chevrolet horn buttons are the same except for the script and they are interchangeable. The steering wheels are also identical. I've got about 5 Advance Design steering wheels, 2 of them I pulled off of GMC's and you can't tell them apart.


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 637
I just looked at my horn button on my 1954 GMC 100 pickup, it says GMC.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 112
Hi,
I find this picture for you, but I don't know how load the picture


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0