The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 112 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,090
Posts1,056,380
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 151
Well what I was told and thought was going to be a total nightmare really turned out to be not so hard. My '46 Panel had no vin number when I got it. So the local DPS office told me to call and have the sheriffs office come over to inspect it and fill out a form. Did that no problem, he was really impressed with the truck. Go to local DPS for the vin, no I have to take the paperwork and the truck to Waco, 60 miles, to regional DPS office. Ok, I can deal with that. Get there today, wait they tell me I have to get a form and get a local(hometown) judge to sign off on ownership to me. Wait nobody told me anything about a judge. Well they call another office and I meet with another DPS officer. OK, he fills out new form checks different boxes, OK cool. Wait now they want to make it a 2007 truck because it was assembled in '07. No way, inspection and emission standards of '07 must be met. Wait I want antique plates so it must be a '46. A couple of calls and OK here's your new vin, that will be $2.00. And it is numbered as a '46.
Now lets see what happens when I got to get my plates??????


David
Just a firefighter,
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
'46 1/2 T Panel
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Congrads David on your tromp through the political mine field.


~Jim

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0