The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (Otto Skorzeny, rfs56trk, Dusty53, Buckeye998, Chip O, WICruiser), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#230135 03/23/2007 3:20 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 121
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 121
Well after useing the search mode many times I figuard that I need to come out of lurk-er mode.
I'm have currently taken dents out of my 235 pan and I was wondering if it work-hardend the metal, it sits fairly flat on a mock-up block. SO the question is. would it be wise to anneal the pan, Mostly around the bottom. to let it relax. ohwell

#230136 03/23/2007 3:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
A
'Bolter
'Bolter
A Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,708
T-RUCK,

If you have already hammered the dents out of the pan and no further hammering is required, then it is a moot point if it is work hardened. I don't know if low carbon steel like the pan stamping will work harden at all, but it would only cost the price of the oxygen and acetylene to anneal it, and it might give you piece of mind.

Stuart

#230137 03/23/2007 3:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 121
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 121
Thanks Stuart
I guess it is moot but I was looking getting it to sit flater on the block, SO I thinking FLAME ON.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0