The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (DHedrick, WarEagle1), 103 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,375
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
Was there a "stock" hood ornament that came with the '52 bolt that was NOT the curved bird that I had on my '53 when I first got it? The one I have is pristine, but I don't know if it is right for any other year than '53. I have seen the flat ones on some trucks, but never really paid any attention to the years. Hope this question makes sense. It did when I wrote it.

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 428
Shmoo, after much searching and researching I think the war period trucks had the flattened art deco looking orniment. I think that the "bird" was correct from 54 on. If I am incorrect someone will correct me. Jimmie D.

Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 58
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 58
I have seen some that looked more like a bullet on the front end of the ornament.


Collecting is fun, as long as momma enjoys riding in them.
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Shmoo,

This is the 1947-53 Chevrolet truck GM accessory hood ornament.

This is a 1954/55 Chevrolet truck GM accessory hood ornament.

Passenger car ornaments were different.

GMC truck ornaments were different. (this picture is of a reproduction GMC ornament - I understand that the originals were slightly different)

Are you able to post a link to a picture of your ornament? Somebody might recognize it (if it does not look like the ornaments at the links above).

Tim

Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
The '49-'50 Chevrolet Car ornaments (pictured in tcledermans reply above) were a Dealer install, on most of the Advance Design Trucks, in my area. You saw them more often, than the actual truck ornament.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 86
Thanks for all the info! It seems that while there was some uniformity, these great "birds" could have been mounted according to either the dealer or the owner's choice--or just what was available.
Tclederman, thanks for the great picture; the one I have is in the upper right corner--older than I thought it was.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0