| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,377 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 86 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 86 | Was there a "stock" hood ornament that came with the '52 bolt that was NOT the curved bird that I had on my '53 when I first got it? The one I have is pristine, but I don't know if it is right for any other year than '53. I have seen the flat ones on some trucks, but never really paid any attention to the years. Hope this question makes sense. It did when I wrote it. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2006 Posts: 428 | Shmoo, after much searching and researching I think the war period trucks had the flattened art deco looking orniment. I think that the "bird" was correct from 54 on. If I am incorrect someone will correct me. Jimmie D. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 58 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2003 Posts: 58 | I have seen some that looked more like a bullet on the front end of the ornament.
Collecting is fun, as long as momma enjoys riding in them.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | The '49-'50 Chevrolet Car ornaments (pictured in tcledermans reply above) were a Dealer install, on most of the Advance Design Trucks, in my area. You saw them more often, than the actual truck ornament. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 86 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 86 | Thanks for all the info! It seems that while there was some uniformity, these great "birds" could have been mounted according to either the dealer or the owner's choice--or just what was available. Tclederman, thanks for the great picture; the one I have is in the upper right corner--older than I thought it was. | | |
| |
| |