| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,128 Posts1,056,683 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 26 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 26 | Hi, can anyone show me a picture of what the hood emblem on my 47 1tonner should look like? I"m looking for one if anyone knows where to find one. Thanks [img] http://www.fiberglassics.com/0/truck/liltruck.jpg[/img] | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Kelly, Click into the Gallery, at the top of the page. Then click '47-55. You'll see plenty of examples, of what your hood ornament should look like. Nice look'in truck you have there. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 26 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 26 | Thanks. I love this old thing.
I've looked at many of the pics and I guess what I'm wondering is if any other emblems from different years fit the thing so I know what to look for. I'd really like to get the remaining missing parts for it so I can drive it in style. All I'm missing is the front emblem and the glove box & cover... and I think the battery cover.
It spent its entire life on a farm and I'm the 2nd owner of it I believe. She still runs and I take it around the block every weekend just to wake up the neighbors. (no exhaust, he he) Love the sound of the old 216. I guess I could fix the brakes soon though. (currently stopping it by pulling on the emergency lever and locking up the rear duals)
All I gotta do is fix the brakes, windshield wipers, rear brake lights and put an exhaust system on it... and it'll be legal! Then I can really make some noise and tow my classic boats with it.
p.s. Love the COE's. I've seen one around here just sitting there for the last 10 years. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 2,549 | Kelly, The hood emblems for '47-'53 Chevy trucks all look the same, & are interchangable from 1/2 ton thru 1 ton. There were 3 different versions though. The early version was made from die cast metal, the middle version was chrome plated steel, & the last version was stainless steel. Any of these will fit. Seems like I tried one from a 2 ton truck once, & it was alittle larger. | | |
| |
| |