The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Bill Marlow, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Shade Baby), 93 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,385
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
I have a 57 chevy truck I'm restoring and just purchased an ididit steering column with tilt and shift on the column. I would like to keep the "classic vintage look" for my steering wheel, but have been told that the old wheels will not connect up to the new column. Does anyone have any conversion kits or ideas on how to do this? I would be ok with a reproduction wheel that was NICE and looked like it was original. Thanks in advance! Dave

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
I have the same question....anybody?

Buddy


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 311
For some reason I think the steering wheel has the same spline count and shaft diameter if you buy the IDIDIT column for GM. On my 49 3100 truck, it is the column that doesn't connect up to my steering box. (or so I have been told). Somebody will come along who knows the straight skinny!


Always get a 2nd opinion, especially if I am the source of the 1st opinion.
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
I just called IDidit last week on the same question about my 51, they said if I sent them my steering wheel, they could probably make it fit their column. I was hoping that they had a ready made adaptor.
I really like the big steering wheel, and I'm afraid that a smaller wheel would hide the gauges.

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
Look at www.Lecarra.com let me know what you think. Look at the Mark 10 Don


Mr.Giant

1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the Gallery
1959 GMC 860 Single Axle Truck Tractor in the Gallery
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 70
That's a nice looking wheel. Do you know the measurements and the cost?

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 127
No I just found the link,I plain on calling them for more info. Don


Mr.Giant

1953 Chevrolet 3100 in the Gallery
1959 GMC 860 Single Axle Truck Tractor in the Gallery
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 874
Why don't you take your '57 wheel and see if it
fits on your new column??


Steve

'49 3800
'52 3600
'57 3100

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
D
Apprentice
Apprentice
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 31
I just called Ididit today and spoke with Kelly. She told me the same thing, if I sent in my old steering wheel they could make an adapter to fit it to my Ididit column. She said it would cost somewhere between $60-$130 depending on what they have to do.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0