The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hotrod Lincoln, MNSmith), 85 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,717
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60
Hi guys/gals.. My 50 jimmy sub is missing the front grav pan/valance and since I see the Chevy version at meets from time to time, I am wondering if it would be to same as the Jimmy. I called a few of the chev vendors and they could not say for certain and hate to buy a new for it to not work. I know the grills are a different contour, bit I don't know if the pan would go under and don't have a chev to compare. Any ideas or thought on this. Thanks, Jon


Moving at the speed of frozen molassis.
http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 345
I heard they were different. Carter's shows them as different catalog numbers and different prices, so they probably ARE different.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
They are different.

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
'Bolter
'Bolter
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 9,115
They are different. I have seen the Chev version mounted on a GMC and it looks a little odd because the contour does not fit the grill. Up until lately you couldn't buy a new metal splash shield for the GMC but everybody carried the Chev version. Now Jim Carter carrys the GMC version and it is "hand made in America". I think that it is actually made by Metalman.


1951 GMC 1 Ton Flatbed -- It is finally on the road and what a great time I have driving it!
1951 1 Ton Completed


My Chevy Master 4 Door is on the Road!
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
I have a splash pan I got in some extra parts. It is different than the ones for my chevy trucks.Maybe it is for GMC's. If you can get a picture or I can send you some maybe I can help you out. Paul

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
S
Junior Member
Junior Member
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 16
wodniw5
You probably already know but the 54 is different from the 47-53 Chevy's. If it's a 54 I would be interested

Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 408
No I did not know? I can send you a picture if you like. send me your e-mail. Paul

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60
J
Member
Member
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 60
Thanks guys. Paul, I send you E-Mail. Jon


Moving at the speed of frozen molassis.
http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
Trucker, Google didn’t turn up any logical returns for “Metalman”, being new here, I don’t know who the “Metalman” is, can ya clue me in???

Does Hollander list sheet metal interchanges for the AD trucks? I ordered “vol.I, covering 1946 – 1956 Domestic” and I’m hoping that it includes trucks. The only examples that they show are for cars. The only opportunity I have had to see one of Hollander’s manuals was when the junk yard lord, was thumbing through his copy, sitting on his throne, no not that throne, the one that puts the counter at about your chin level. I always feel like I’m standing in a hole at the junkyard counters, or standing in front of the Judge. I’m sure they do that on purpose just so you know that he is the one in charge there!

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Metalman is Ray Stanley from MA. Ray can be found here - you may need to register.

Ray's email: wheelwrightrest@comcast.net

Ray\'s Webpage You will find photos of the front 1954 GMC panel there.

There might be some people as talented as Ray but there is no one better than Ray. And, his prices are better than fair.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0